Ports & Terminals
Optilift offers products that improve safety, efficiency and logistics flow in cargo handling.
Our solutions can be retrofitted to existing cranes and machines, and pave the way for remote controlled and autonomous operations.
- Handle cargo transfers faster and more cost-effective
- Reduce risk of human injuries
Read more about our R&D project to aim autonomous cargo handling for ports & terminals.
Digital Logistics keeps an overview of all cargo movements internally at ports and terminals, including off- and onloading vessels. The Yard Planner allows easy overview of cargo and yard areas, and planning and simulation of of movement sequences with intuitive drag and drop interface in the web browser.
Yard Planner with Cargo Tracker
- Logistical digital twin that shows location of cargo in real-time
- Allows you to plan and communicate lifting sequences to the machines
- Receives & shows automatic updates of cargo location and vessel events.
- Shows real-time images of the ship deck and yard areas, as a module in Yard Planner.
- Uses data from Optilift sensors on terminal machines and cranes as input.
Site Observer with Cargo Tracker
- Identifies and tracks cargo locations.
- Builds and maintains 3D models of quay sides, site decks and vessel decks
- Shares cargo events with customer logistics system.
Smart Gate – CCU Portal
- Detects and identifies cargo arriving and leaving at gates.
- Notifies connected systems of the cargo event.
- Takes pictures of the cargo.
- Updates the digital twin.
- Creates a visual ID for further tracking.
- Shows the lifting tasks planned with the Deck Planner.
- Highlights which CCU to lift, and exactly where to place it.
- Shows special procedures for dangerous goods.
Optilift provides solutions for assisted autonomous control for cranes, forklifts, reach stackers and other wheel-based machines in ports and terminals.
- Enables remote operations.
- Real-time and low-latency video and audio from remote machine.
- Provides “Assisted Autonomy” by planning lifting sequences using Deck Planner or cargo movements using Yard Planner.
Live Support Centre
- Automated reporting of technical issues.
- Proactive trouble-shooting and repairs.
- End user support and training.
Our technology is adaptable and versatile and can be implemented by our customers in a step by step- process.
Step 1 Digitalize
Moving from manual processes to digitalized and automated handling, with integrated systems and simplified procedures.
Step 2 Perceive
Installing cameras and configuring software for automatic capturing of physical events and cargo movements, and reporting them to the digital twin.
Step 3 Optimize
Alerting for bottlenecks and improving daily work processes and reaping the benefits of automated perception and digitalization technology.
Step 4 Remote-Control
Moving operators away from the dangerous areas to a central control room and improve flexibility of staff and travelling.
Step 5 Autonomy
Optimizing the operations by converting the operators to supervisors, while machines perform cargo handling autonomously. Multiple machines monitored by a single human supervisor, fully utilizing the power of autonomous cargo handling.